Solar Together Greater Manchester
Group Buying Scheme for Solar Panels
Do you want to save on your energy bill and generate your own clean electricity? Greater Manchester Combined Authority has pledged to make the city region carbon neutral by 2038. Choosing solar power for your home or business is one practical way you can reduce your carbon footprint.
Buying Solar Panels Made Easy
Solar panels are not complex but buying a solar system can be daunting. Solar Together Greater Manchester is a group-buying scheme that helps you through the process, keeping you informed at every stage.
How does it work?
- Registration: you can register before 22 October for free and without obligation here. To register you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
- Auction: a supplier ‘auction’ will be held on 22 October, when our approved solar suppliers will bid for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household.
- Personal recommendation: from 11 November you will be contacted with a personal recommendation, based on the specifications of your roof. This includes your costs and specification of your solar panel installation.
- You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 13 December to decide and will be invited to visit an information session.
- Installation: if you accept, the winning supplier will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of March 2020.
For detailed information about likely costs, the amount of energy you can expect to generate, and lots more go to https://www.solartogether.co.uk/gmca/home
We trust this initiative will be of interest to you. The more people that participate, the better the price we can secure and the more renewable energy will be generated by Greater Manchester’s residents.