Press Release – Oldham Enterprise Week 4th to 8th March 2024
For the third year Oldham Enterprise Trust presents “Oldham Enterprise Week” – a programme of events and activities celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit of this great town. A town named one of the top ten most entrepreneurial in the UK. This year’s focus includes
- Social Enterprises
- Celebrating Women in Business
- Support for Start Ups through Start Up Huddle Oldham
- The Launch of the Oldham Business Awards 2024
- Oldham’s Green Summit
and includes: –
- The opportunity for potential new social enterprise start-ups to get a £250 Test Trading Grant from Oldham Enterprise Trust.
- Events supporting existing social enterprises.
- Information on the £2million Proper Good Social Investment fund.
- Information on access to Grants of up to £2,000 for young Oldham entrepreneurs aged 18 to 30..
The week’s programme also includes (see programme below for locations, timings and booking details)
- A digital workshop from Inclusive Bytes aimed at Oldham’s social enterprises
- A round table discussion between Oldham businesses and the Bank of England
- “Invest in women: Accelerate progress” Hear from Oldham Council Deputy Leader Cllr Elaine Taylor and local leading Oldham businesswomen as we celebrate International Women’s Day
- Oldham Council’s Green Summit – aiming to make Oldham a greener and more sustainable place
Oldham Enterprise Chair, and Chair of the Oldham Economy Board, Dave Benstead said “The little brother of our month-long Festival for Business in September, Oldham Enterprise Week still serves to remind us and highlight the entrepreneurial spirit and the wide range of business support that abounds in Oldham. Oldham Enterprise Trust is proud to support the enterprise ecosystem of Oldham”
Oldham Social Enterprise Ambassador Anwar Ali OBE of Upturn said, “What a great opportunity for Oldham’s growing social enterprise community to again be part of what will be an amazing week showcasing social businesses, celebrating our collective business successes and finally highlighting the great opportunities just around the corner for all Oldham businesses working together so we can create an Oldham economy that works for everyone”.
For more information contact Oldham Enterprise Trust Manager Graham McKendrick by telephone on 07515188974 or by e-mail to email@example.com
Oldham Enterprise Week Programme 4th to 8th March 2024
|Inclusive Bytes Digital Lunch n Learn Workshop
|Technology for Social Enterprises – A digital workshop designed for social enterprises
|12.00pm to 2.00pm
|Chief Executives Club with the Bank of England
|Hearing the latest financial news from the Bank of England
|Oldham Event Centre
|9.00 am to 10.30am
|To celebrate International Women’s Day
|9.00am to 10.30am
|Digital Drop in for Business
|Kuiper Industries Ltd host a FREE drop-in session designed to digitally empower small businesses
|2.00pm to 4.00pm
|https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/digital-drop-in-for-business-tickets-693509384237 or just drop in!
|Start Up Huddle
|Peer mentoring for small businesses
|4.30pm to 6.00pm
|OSFC Business Breakfast
|the OSFC Community Partner Breakfast Launch,
|8am to 9am
|Please RSVP by 12th February 2024 via
|Build a Business IP Workshop
|Intellectual Property: Protect Your Assets (business workshop)
|10 am to 1pm
And Friday 8th
|The Oldham Pledge Careers Fair
|For year 5 pupils in primary schools
|Werneth Cricket Club
|9.15am – 2.30pm
|Oldham Schools and Businesses
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Launch of Oldham Business Awards 2024
|Launching the 2024 One Oldham Business Awards
|5.30pm to 7pm
|RSVP to email@example.com including the names of the attendees and any dietary requirements
|Oldham Council is hosting its own Green Summit, aiming to make Oldham a greener and more sustainable place. The Summit is part of the council’s Green New Deal, which sets ambitious goals.
|Oldham Event Centre
|9am to 1pm
|RSVPs to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, with the mention of “Green Summit”.
They’re also open to having more than one person from the same organisation attend, so if someone else should come along, let them know.