Oldham Enterprise Trust CIO Privacy Notice
Date and version Version 7 – 1/3/21
Our contact details are: –
Name: Oldham Enterprise Trust CIO
Address: c/o Oldham Council, Level 3, Civic Centre, West Street, Oldham, OL1 1UT
Phone Number: 07515188974
What this privacy notice is for
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the council’s primary privacy notice at www.oldham.gov.uk/dataprotection
This notice provides additional privacy information for:
- Applicants to the Oldham Enterprise Fund
- Public enquiries for Business Support
- Stakeholders, employers and the general public
Updating our privacy notices
We may update or revise our privacy notices at any time so please refer to the version published on our website for the most up to date details.
What we use your information for
We collect your personal information for the following purpose(s):
- To progress your application to the Oldham Enterprise Programme (including funding via the Stoller Charitable Trust donation, the Start Up Loan Scheme and other funding provided via The Growth Company)
- To inform business support partners The Growth Company and People Plus to enable them to deliver business support to you
- Enquiries regarding networking and training events
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
We may share this information with the following organisations/types of organisations:
- Oldham Council
- Service providers
What categories of personal information we use
Personal information can be anything that identifies and relates to a living person. This can include information that when linked with other information, allows a person to be uniquely identified. For example, this could be your name and contact details.
The law treats some types of personal information as ‘special’ because the information requires more protection due to its sensitivity. This information consists of:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Sexuality and sexual life
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Political opinions
- Genetic and bio-metric data
- Physical or mental health
- Criminal convictions and offences
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain the following personal information.
|Category of personal data||Special/ Sensitive|
|Racial or ethnic origin||√|
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing and or sharing your personal information is:
- Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Graham McKendrick, Oldham Enterprise Trust Manager, c/o Oldham Council, Level 3, Civic Centre, West Street, Oldham, OL1 1UT. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest
- Marketing purposes: where we have asked and you have consented to receive electronic marketing information about our services (you may withdraw your consent at any time) e have a legitimate interest.
We may share personal information about you with the following organisations
- Oldham Council
- Service providers: –
- The Oldham College (business support for 16/17-year olds)
- The Prince’s Trust (business support for those aged 18 to 30)
- The Business Growth Hub (business support for those aged over 30)
- ASTM (for those seeking business qualifications)
- University Campus Oldham (for those seeking business qualifications)
- GC Business Finance (business finance partner for those seeking loan funding
Data Transfers beyond European Economic Area
We do not transfer any of your personal information outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’).
All the decisions we make about you involve human intervention.
How long we keep your data
We will only keep your personal information for as long as the law specifies or where the law does not specify this, for the length of time determined by our business requirements.
We will keep your data for
- 12 months from the date of your application closing if you are not successful with, or do not progress your application to, the Oldham Enterprise Fund; or
- If you are successful, then 72 months from the date of any Grant funding, or 72 months beyond the length of any loan term or final repayment date of the loan
Where can I get advice
More information on how to seek advice in order to exercise your rights, raise a concern or complain about the handling of your personal information by the council can be found in the council’s privacy notice which can be found at www.oldham.gov.uk/dataprotection