We envision a future where Oldham’s young people have access to the same opportunities as their more privileged peers. To achieve this vision, we are creating The Ideas Factory – a hub of enterprise where local entrepreneurs and young people can come together and create real career opportunities.
By participating in The Ideas Factory, up to 20 young people from Oldham will have the chance to develop vital soft skills such as leadership, communication, confidence, and resilience. These skills will be essential for their future success, both in the workplace and in their personal lives.
We understand the challenges that our young people face in Oldham, where lack of job opportunities, low wages, high levels of unemployment, and health issues combine to create one of the most deprived areas in the country. But we believe that by inspiring the next generation of entrepreneurs and leaders, we can offer a pathway to social mobility and a brighter future for our community.
The Ideas Factory will be promoted through our existing relationships with schools, colleges, and local entrepreneurs. We have already received positive feedback from 17 young people who agree that connections with current entrepreneurs would help them succeed.
The project will run for 9 months and will be based at Positive Steps Oldham meeting on the last Thursday of every month at 4.30pm.
The Ideas Factory
- Is for 16 – 25-year-olds with a project or business idea
- includes free masterclasses led by local business leaders – the first topic is “Enterprising Mindset”
- includes free one to one mentoring support from One Million Mentors
- Will run from January 2024 to July 2024 with Mentoring continuing until September 2024
- We will meet once a month
- Provides the opportunity to develop business idea(s)
- Provides the chance to expand their network of business related contacts
- Provides opportunities to access business grants
- Places are limited!
At Oldham Enterprise Trust, we are committed to creating real opportunities for enterprising young people. By inspiring our young people to be the future employers and leading citizens of Oldham. We are investing in the long-term success of our community. This project will help to build a brighter future for Oldham’s young people