The partners, Oldham Enterprise Trust, the Stoller Charitable Trust, Business Finance Solutions, Oldham Council and the Business Growth Hub aim to provide Oldham with a suite of products under a single Oldham Enterprise Fund banner with which to go to market with the Oldham brand.
The capital available to provide grants (to those young people under 25 years of age) and loans to the businesses is sourced from various funds, predominantly the Stoller Charitable Trust and the Start Up Loans Scheme. This new partnership with Business Finance Solutions factors in an additional £3 million to fund businesses in Oldham
This partnership provides funding from a range of sources:-
- Grants of up to £2,000 (funded via a donation from the Stoller Charitable Trust) are available to eligible applicants under 25 years of age
- Low cost loans of up to £10,000 (funded via a donation from the Stoller Charitable Trust) are available to eligible applicants aged 25 to 30 years of age
- Loans of up to £25,000 are available to eligible applicants via the Start Up Loans scheme
- Other funding sources are available for existing businesses that want to grow.
By completing the application form you are agreeing to us sharing your information with our partner organisations.
Christi Elkins & Callam Barnes
Supported by a grant from the Oldham Enterprise Fund in January 2016 Christi Elkins and Callam Barnes, both with previous work experience in film, TV and media production, formed Aerial Focus Ltd.
Aerial Focus Ltd offers a unique service providing aerial film and photography using the most up to date technology of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) to get closer to the action while providing industry standard film and stills quality.
- MediaCovering music video, film and TV production.
- Weddings & eventsProviding aerial footage & stills photography.
- Advertising & promotionTargeted at businesses offering promotional content via aerial video
- Real EstateOffering pictures & footage of properties on the market.
Over the course of the year, they have developed into a fully operating media production company, also offering ground based film and sound recording to complement the aerial aspect to the work.
Plans to diversify and extend the UAV work include areas such as inspections, surveying, time-lapse and agricultural applications. Aerial Focus Ltd are looking forward to a great 2017, building on last year’s success of working with clients such as MUTV, Channel 5 and the BBC.
Simply Skin Laser Clinic
Following her Oldham College studies Hayley Smith gained experience in the industry working for 8 years with dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons and maxilla facial surgeons using the latest technologies at one of the largest skin care clinics in the UK.
In 2010 she won a trip to Avene in France following her excellent product sales and was chosen to attend a specialist course in 2011 for the best performing practitioners By 2016 she decided she would prefer to offer a more personalised touch and follow-up service by opening her own business based in Oldham Supported by the Oldham Enterprise Fund Hayley Smith set up Simply Skin Laser Clinic in Cromwell Court in late 2016 Simply Skin is already establishing a client base.