Can you help grow a vibrant food economy?
The Growing Oldham: Feeding Ambition Partnership wants to invest in inspiring ideas that will transform Oldham’s food economy.
- Got a brilliant idea to support enterprise and generate income through food and growing?
- Want to create a vibrant, local food economy for you, your community or for Oldham?
- Got a community business idea involving food and growing?
The Food Enterprise Fund provides up to £135,000 for organisations in Oldham to generate an income through food and growing and works through three strands:-
- Small Investments – up to £500
- Medium Investments – up to £10,000
- Large Investments – up to £50,000
• be individuals with an idea for community benefit
• be members of the Voluntary Community Faith and Social Enterprise (not for profit), community or public sector bodies – e.g. schools, colleges and hospitals
• be based or working in the area of Oldham Borough Council and beneficiaries must be Oldham Borough residents
• demonstrate how their proposal supports community enterprise through food
Examples of project ideas that could receive investment:
- Selling locally grown fruit/vegetables
- Create local food products and packaging
- Growing produce to sell
- Develop marketing for a product
- Promotion and communication
- Designing a brand
- Transportation and distribution to market
- Putting on Food Festivals/markets/events
- Food/cooking courses
- Supplying, storing and distributing produce
- Working with local networks
- Selling products to businesses
All application forms can be requested from the Development Team at Action Together and you can contact them here – email@example.com